A Pimp Slap, Pancakes, and a Fall

Have you ever had one of those days that you wished being a mom was more like a job in the aspect of being able to tell your boss to "shove it?" Well that thought crossed my mind one Saturday. I can recall it now, it is Saturday morning and for the first time in weeks I had absolutely no plans or urgent matters to attend to. The house is filled with the sound of silence, I am excited that my girls are not yet awake and it's already 6:47am as I look at the clock. I drift off peacefully back into my Saturday slumber in my cozy bed.


I picture it being something like this
 

What seems like only seconds, I hear this little voice "mom" I close my eyes and hope it was just a dream. "Mom" the squeaky voice says again. I close my eyes, open my mouth slightly and let out a bit of drool (this is my version of playing dead in order to get the predator to move on). But the voice gets even closer and this time it is followed by these little hands smacking me across the face! "MOM!" I jump up and must pace myself as I realize what just happened. "I eat eat!"

I get out of bed, briefly scold her for "pimp" slapping mommy, and follow her into the kitchen in order to prepare her breakfast. I ask her what she would like for breakfast hoping she chooses something quick and easy like cereal! She of course opts for "pantcakes" that is not a typo by the way. I pull the ingredients to make pancakes and start to mix them in the bowl.  My 2 year old asks can she help, knowing this is a bad idea I agree to let her stir the pancake mix.

I set her in a chair at the table, place the bowl in front of her, and reach her the spoon after saying "don't make a mess!" "Otay mommy" she says, and starts to stir away. I was actually quite impressed at her stirring skills and briefly turned away to plug in the griddle. Not 5 seconds later I quickly turn around and walk at a face pace across the kitchen back to her, not noticing the huge pile of pancake mix now on the floor. I glide across the floor while attempting to grab a chair to catch myself. Unfortunately, this was of no use and I land on my bottom right in the middle of the mess. I hear the sound of hand clapping followed by "I did it!"

By this time, my 5 year old is now awake and strolls into the kitchen. Seeing me on the floor, she rubs her eyes and asks for pancakes!

How was your Saturday morning?

Comments

Popular Posts