Six Years and Counting!

 How do I even begin this post? 

WOW! Has it really been this long??? I’ve been away for over half a decade and have finally decided to return to my blog and continue my real-life blogging journey as a mother. To be honest, it should be even more fun to write now that I have a teen and preteen that are so easily embarrassed by every comment I make about them. But do you seriously see other teens reading a mom blog? Yeah, me neither.

There has been so many changes over the last six years and I must say that it hasn’t always easy adjusting but my faith has taught me to be thankful for it all. The good, the bad and the terrible. Each situation that I have found myself in has led me to where I am today and I could not ask for a better turn out. I know you’re probably thinking “Yeah, that’s what everyone says” (complete with eye roll). But I mean it! My life isn’t close to being perfect but it’s a life that I wouldn’t trade for anything in the world. I am a single mother of two amazing little girls, they are loved, healthy and my heartbeat. 

It hasn’t always been blue skies and rainbows but the sun does always seem to shine in the end. I have made many choices over the last several years and I can say that I am proud and okay with being a single mother. I separated from their father in June 2012, it was a difficult time for my girls and I to realize that daddy would no longer be in the picture every day; but I know that it was the best choice for my daughters and myself. I view my life as a work in progress, I can just picture my loading bar trying it’s hardest to get to the finish line. Who knows if it will ever get there?


During my “sabbatical,” we have been through two major moves, I have had a couple of career changes, I lost my father along with 3 aunts, a cousin and an uncle, and I have been divorced … twice! Judge not lest ye be judged people! That’s just to name a few events, but don’t worry, we have plenty of time to get into all of that. I will say that the most disappointing thing of it all is that my children’s father has chosen to miss out on so much of their lives. 

Now, I am not here to bash their father or tell you awful things about him (Lord give me strength), but I will say that it is an unfortunate choice that he has made. I can recall a time in my life when I use to question whether or not I made the right choice to divorce their father. I would think to myself “Well, at least if we were still married, the girls would have their father” but as I look back over past encounters I know the right choice was made. I can’t fault myself for someone else’s mistakes and neither should you. 

There are times in life when you must be “selfish” and do what’s best for yourself because it will make you a better version of yourself. It will enable you to have the wisdom and strength that was there all along, you just didn’t know it. Even if he has chosen to not be a part of their lives. They have been blessed with an AMAZING uncle (my brother) to step in and be the male figure in their lives. My father, Papi as they called him was another man that showed them the love of a father. Sadly, he passed away at the end of 2013. But they still remember him and miss him dearly. They have a wonderful Memaw that I’m quite partial to being that she is my mother and an aunt that would give them the world if she could.

I know this post is a lot less light-hearted than what I have posted prior. No worries, I will still have those type of posts as well, I’ve just have had a few life experiences that has compelled me to step into a somewhat “hindsight is 20/20” kind of direction. So let’s get reacquainted or introduced, stick around and find out what the heck has been happening in Accidental Momma’s life. You may find out something interesting or simply be bored to death. But either way, thanks for your support!

-The Accidental Momma




Comments

Popular Posts